When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. During your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below. We collect this data for the purposes described under “Analytics”.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We store this data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back-end databases, and analytics systems. Data relating to your online activity on our websites with respect to our Services, including geographic location, browser type and version, IP address, pages you view, when you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services, metadata about your use and your contacts’ use of our Services and your emails you send (including clicks and opens), issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance, your interactions with any videos we offer or any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
• To provide the requested Services to you.
• To provide you with useful content.
• To ensure the proper functioning of our Services
• To offer and improve our Services.
• To provide you with requested information or technical support
• To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services.
• To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services (our use of your information to do this is performed with your consent where required by applicable law).
• To advertise and market third party products and services (such advertisement is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law)
• To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services.
In connection with our security and compliance programs
• To administer our websites.
• To communicate with you.
• To target prospective customers with our products or services (such targeting is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law).
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymized formats to produce reports on trends and statistics.
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymized formats to produce reports on trends and statistics. Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for our products and services.
Information from third party social networking sites, including information that social networking sites provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services (such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form).
The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site, and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
When we share personal information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, that information includes your name, email address and other information enabling partners to:
• assist you in using our products and services,
• contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you, and
• provide you with their products or services.
If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent. Please note that if you access our services through a tool that hides your location, such as through a virtual private network, you may not receive our request for permission because we were not able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required.
Further, our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for any purpose beyond those set forth above without your consent.
Occasionally, we enter contracts with carefully selected third parties so that they can assist us in servicing you (for example, a payroll provider responsible for payroll calculation and official social and fiscal declarations) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (marketing and advertising, IT services, …). Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through one of our brands, we will pass your personal information to such third party for them to fulfil your order.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Depending on what information we collect from you and how we collect it, we rely on various grounds for doing processing your information under the GDPR, including the following reasons:
• To administer our contractual relationship, including setting up your requested Services, payments, renewals, and processes.
• Because it is in our legitimate interest to run a successful and efficient business and provide you with the Services and other useful content.
• To fulfil any legal obligations, we may have to collect this information from you; and/or
• Because you have provided your consent for us to do so
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal information or it’s processing once received by the third party.
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data.
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
• You believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate.
• We wish to erase the personal information as the processing we are doing is unlawful, but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data.
• We no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims; or
• You have objected to us processing personal information we hold about you based on our legitimate interest, and you wish us to stop processing the personal information while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal information.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
• where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information.
• we are processing it based on your consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent.
• we are processing your data based on our legitimate interest and you object to such processing.
• you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
• you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure.
Some of our Services provide links to other websites. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third-party sites, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
You may also log in to some of our Services using sign-in services such as social media Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. For example, if you take advantage of certain of our social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button or interactive mini programs that run on our site, the applicable social networking sites may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable it to function properly
This policy was last modified on 1 August 2021